From underwater explorations to bicycle tours through lush ecosystems, guests and visitors can experience the natural beauty and splendor of Kapalua, Maui
Kapalua, HI – June 1, 2022 – The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua is expanding its educational and environmental programming with new offerings from Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment program. This summer, guests can experience the magic of Kapalua with new activities including underwater adventures led by Cousteau-trained naturalists, bicycle tours, and weekly volunteer projects that give back to the local environment. “We’re proud to continue honoring the land and ecosystem of beautiful Kapalua,” said Andrew Rogers, general manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua. “With our new Ambassadors of the Environment programming, guests will have more opportunities to learn about the island and enjoy all that we have to offer.”
Summer activity highlights include:
- E-Bike Tour – Adults and families are invited on an electric-assisted bicycle journey to observe Maui’s incredible flora and fauna. Wild-grown guavas, sprawling pines, and camouflaging chameleons are just a few of the wonders awaiting guests on their exploration. Every Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; $99.95 per person; Ages 16+; A complimentary introductory ride is offered every Monday from 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. exclusively for hotel guests.
- Cities Under the Sea – Guided by Cousteau-trained naturalists, guests can learn about the inhabitants of Maui’s reefs and observe the interactions and connections beneath the surface with a guided snorkeling excursion at some of Cousteau’s favorite reefs on the island. Underneath the crystal blue waters, explorers will discover coral reefs bustling with life in an intricately connected city under the sea. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; $99.95 per person.
- Mālama Hawaiʻi Project – Each Friday, guests will have the opportunity to give back to Hawaiʻi with a guided activity. From beach clean ups to invasive plant removal, guests can learn about sustainable practices while immersing themselves in the local ecosystem. Fridays, 11:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Complimentary for hotel guests.
- Coastal Hike and Tidepool Exploration – Explore the Alaloa Trail, the original ‘highway’ of Maui that dates back more than 500 years. After the scenic hike along the bays and ancient lava fields, guests will explore tidal pools and discover the various creatures that live beneath the surface. Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; $99.95 per person.
- The Fires of Pele – Through sand sculpting, storytelling, and a hike to an ancient lava flow, children will learn how the Hawaiian Islands rose from the middle of the sea as fiery volcanoes. Tuesdays, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Ages 5 - 14; $84.95 per child.
- Survivor – Children will learn how to fend for themselves using basic island survival skills and get a sneak peek into what early Hawaiian life might have looked like. Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Ages 5 - 14; $84.95 per child.
For all Ambassadors of the Environment activities, a 24-hour advance reservation is required. To make a reservation, call 808-665-7299 or email email@example.com.
Complimentary programs are exclusive to guests of The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua. All other programs are available to the public.
Ambassadors of the Environment, a program developed in partnership with world-renowned ocean explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau and his Ocean Futures Society, is available at just six Ritz-Carlton locations worldwide. The year-round program started at The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua in 2008.
To learn more, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/maui.
# # #
About The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, LLC
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C., of Chevy Chase, MD., part of Marriott International, Inc., currently operates more than 100 hotels and over 45 residential properties in 30 countries and territories. The Ritz-Carlton is proud to participate in the industry’s award-winning loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®. Members can now link accounts with Starwood Preferred Guest® at members.marriott.com for instant elite status matching and unlimited points transfer. For more information or reservations, visit the company web site at www.ritzcarlton.com, for the latest company updates, visit news.ritzcarlton.com and to join the live conversation, use #RCMemories and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAR).
About The Ritz-Carlton MAUI, Kapalua
The AAA Five-Diamond Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua showcases a stunning, destination resort offering 466 newly reimagined guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, with all new décor capturing Kapalua’s rich heritage and natural aloha. The Ritz-Carlton Spa® Maui, Kapalua beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, steam, sauna and whirlpool therapies, outdoor couple's hale (cabanas) and a fitness center and movement studio with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment program offers all interest levels an array of outdoor activities from land to sea, led by trained naturalists. The breathtaking island resort also features six dining experiences, enhanced indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and new, custom luxury cabanas. The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua is nestled on 54 acres and enveloped by the 22,000-acre Kapalua Resort, renowned for two championship golf courses, award-winning restaurants and the site of an historic pineapple plantation.
- ‹‹ PREVIOUS
- NEXT ARTICLE ››